Each day, the providers at IGEA Brain, Spine & Orthopedics evaluate patients with a wide array of orthopedic concerns. Whether they have sports-related injuries or naturally occurring conditions, our board-certified professionals provide the same level of attention and care to all patients. Using cutting-edge techniques in our state-of-the-art New Jersey and New York facilities, the IGEA team is here to deliver specialized orthopedic care when it counts.
Orthopedic Conditions We Treat In New Jersey & New York
IGEA’s orthopedic surgeons boast a wealth of medical experience. And as members of an ever-evolving industry, they keep their orthopedics knowledge and procedural skills up to date. Some of the most common orthopedic conditions they encounter and treat include:
- Sports-specific injuries
- Strains and sprains
- Work-related injuries
- Rotator cuff tears and impingement
- Dance injuries
- Overuse injuries such as golfer’s elbow (medial epicondylitis), tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis), and little league elbow (medial epicondyle apophysitis)
No matter which orthopedic condition a patient comes to IGEA with, our physicians display the same amount of dedication and transparency to all. After taking a comprehensive history, our care team works in tandem with patients to educate them about their condition and develop a treatment plan that meets their unique physical and emotional needs.
Our Orthopedic Procedures
To help patients attain favorable treatment outcomes, IGEA offers an expansive list of new-age orthopedic procedures. Boasting an equally extensive knowledge of minimally invasive techniques, our orthopedic surgeons commonly provide the following treatments for patients:
- Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction: An ACL tear can cause pain, inflammation, and a limited range of motion in the affected area. To heal it, this treatment uses a combination of the R.I.C.E. method, rehabilitation therapy, and surgery.
- Meniscal repairs: After a meniscus is torn by an injury or degeneration, this option uses ice and rest, physical therapy, and/or meniscus surgery to treat it.
- Cartilage treatments: Whether due to injury, gradual wear, or diseases like rheumatoid arthritis, the cartilage in the knee can degrade and cause bone friction. To address and fix this painful issue, IGEA’s providers may use microfracture knee surgery, drilling, abrasion arthroplasty, or one of several other procedures.
- Rotator cuff repairs: Rotator cuff tears are common in athletes but can also be caused by physical trauma. Often, they are treated with physical therapy and anti-inflammatory medications, but surgery may also be required.
- Biceps procedures: If a patient experiences biceps tendon tears, biceps tendonitis, distal biceps tendon tears, or biceps ruptures, our orthopedic surgeons can treat it with one of several non-invasive or surgical measures.
- Acromioclavicular (AC) joint procedures: In cases of acromioclavicular joint separation or osteoarthritis, treatments can include nonsurgical and surgical methods.
- Labral repairs: Labrals in the shoulders and hips can tear when exposed to trauma. To treat them, our team often recommends nonsteroidal and anti-inflammatory medications, corticosteroid injections, and physical therapy.
Contact IGEA Today
No matter the cause of a patient’s orthopedic condition, the orthopedic surgeons at IGEA are equipped with the knowhow and technical skill to help them. To learn how our holistic take on wellness can support your orthopedic health, contact us today to schedule an appointment at one of our several locations in New Jersey and New York.