The Spine is a Vital Structure in the Human Body
The spine is a complex anatomical structure that stems from the neck down to the pelvis. It is a strong element in the body that sustains an upright, natural postural position for integrated physical activity. Comprised of the cervical, thoracic, lumbar, and sacral regions, the spine provides vital stability and support of the upper and lower body. Discover how our neurosurgeons in New Jersey can transform your life with advanced spine surgery.
An injured spine cannot accurately perform even the simplest of actions. Painful spine conditions dramatically alter the health of your spine and its functionality. Our New Jersey neurosurgeons treat a wide array of spine conditions that include:
- Cervical Degenerative Disc Disease – As we age, deteriorated spinal discs lose their ability to absorb shock, becoming stiff and inflexible.
- Cervical Disc Herniation – Trauma or wear and tear can cause a disc to become ruptured or bulged, causing intense sharp pain and muscle spasms.
- Cervical Stenosis – Narrowing of the spinal cord and/or nerves causes pain in the neck, burning/tingling sensations, and possible bladder and bowel complications.
- Lumbar Degenerative Disc Disease – Worn spinal discs are part of the aging process, characterized by pain, stiffness, and limited mobility.
- Lumbar Disc Herniation – “Slipped disc” occurs as breakage in the outer layer of the disc forces its gel-like material to exit, causing muscle cramps and loss or weakness of leg function.
- Lumbar Stenosis – Compression and narrowing of the spinal cord prompts lower back pain, and numbness in the lower extremities from trauma or calcification.
- Scoliosis in Adolescents – S-shaped curvature of the back affects children ages 10 or older and involves muscle aches, abnormal alignment of the shoulders, and fatigue.
Innovative Spine Surgery
Patients can receive a boost of vertebral strength with modern spine surgery with state of the art features and robotic technology characterized by minimal scarring, swift recovery and reduced risk of complications. Experience what revolutionary spine surgery performed by our New Jersey neurosurgeons can do for you. Surgical spine solutions include:
- Direct Lateral Interbody Fusion – This less-invasive approach allows neurosurgeons to precisely locate the affected area while minimizing risk to surrounding tissues.
- X-Stop® Spacer – FDA-approved, the interspinous spacer relieves vertebral compression and pain in patients with spinal stenosis.
- Spinal Cord Stimulation – An implanted pulse generator effectively blocks pain nerve signals from the spinal cord to the brain through the use of electrical impulses for back pain relief.
- CyberKnife – Eradicates cancerous and noncancerous tumors of the brain and spine with revolutionary robotic radiosurgcial features.
- Artificial Disc Replacement – Designed to simulate natural vertebral discs, artificial discs serve to replace damaged discs for enhanced shock absorbent and mobility.
- Balloon kyphoplasty – An innovative radiology technique that mechanically stabilizes fractured vertebrae.
Our Commitment to You
Our board certified neurosurgeons in New Jersey know the spine can prove unresponsive to physical therapy for back pain suppression. We perform state-of-the-art procedures to help our patients live a better tomorrow. Entrust your recovery to Drs. David Poulad, and Adam Lipson spine experts dedicated to your success.