Medical conditions of the brain can be especially impactful on patients and their families. That’s why IGEA Brain, Spine & Orthopedics offers a host of cutting-edge neurosurgical treatments to help patients in the Tri-state area reach favorable outcomes no matter what neurological concern they face. Backed by years of experience and specialty training, our team of neurosurgeons treats high-quality care not as an option, but as the standard.
Brain Conditions We Treat In New Jersey & New York
The brain is the powerhouse of the body. When it functions normatively, it controls our thoughts, memory, speech, bodily movements, and much more. When health concerns crop up that affect the brain, one or more of these functions can be adversely affected. To help preserve these abilities, the IGEA neurosurgery team is versed in diagnosing and treating each of the following types of brain conditions:
- Brain tumors
- Chiari malformation
- Glioblastoma multiforme
- Pituitary tumors
- Trigeminal neuralgia
- Vestibular schwannoma
During their first appointment, patients will meet with a member of our neurosurgical care team. The professional will get to know them and ask questions to gain a clear understanding of their health. After developing a holistic sense of their condition, our team of neurosurgeons will get to work formulating an effective treatment plan while educating the patient about their diagnosis.
Neurosurgical Procedures We Offer In New Jersey & New York
While developing a neurological treatment plan, each of our neurosurgeons communicates with patients to determine their physical and emotional needs. From there, they may select from one or more of the following state-of-the-art procedures to help them overcome or better manage their neurological condition(s):
- CyberKnife radiosurgery: This innovative treatment method uses robotic and image-guided technology to deliver precise, targeted doses of radiation to tumors. It does not require an incision and boasts incredibly short recovery times.
- Deep brain stimulation: This therapy is a surgical, FDA-approved treatment for Parkinson’s disease. It involves implanting a medical device, called a neurostimulator, into the brain.
- Endoscopic third ventriculostomy: Using an endoscope, this brain surgery procedure drains excess cerebrospinal fluid from the brain of a patient with hydrocephalus.
- Microvascular decompression: For those with trigeminal neuralgia, this surgery is used to treat its symptoms.
- Transcranial surgery: Using one of several approaches, this procedure is used to remove pituitary tumors.
- Transsphenoidal surgery: During this surgery, neurosurgeons navigate through patients’ sphenoid sinuses to remove pituitary tumors.
- Ventricular catheter/shunt: This minimally invasive procedure is used to treat patients with hydrocephalus. Its namesake shunt helps relieve cerebral pressure and drain excess cerebrospinal fluid.
Aside from being a team of board-certified neurosurgeons, IGEA’s neurosurgeons also constantly refine their skills by keeping up with industry best practices. This way, they can deliver the most up-to-date, evidence-backed neurosurgical services possible for patients throughout the tri-state area.
Book a Neurological Evaluation In NJ & NY Today
With the right neurosurgical treatment(s), patients can experience several positive changes in their lives. At IGEA, we stop at nothing to create treatment plans that help our patients find relief from their conditions. But residents of New Jersey and New York don’t have to take our word for it – instead, they can read our patient stories to get an even clearer sense of IGEA’s dedication to patient care. To schedule a neurological evaluation and start down the road to better health, contact us today.