At IGEA Brain, Spine & Orthopedics, our care team provides specialized care for patients with a broad spectrum of neurovascular conditions. Using their vast medial skill set, our providers create holistic treatments to help residents of New York, New Jersey, and beyond attain favorable treatment outcomes. For our providers, quality care isn’t just an option, it’s the standard of their work.
Neurovascular Conditions We Treat In New Jersey & New York
Each year, IGEA helps patients from across the New York City metropolitan region. From this broad patient pool, our esteemed neurosurgeons see and treat an equally wide variety of neurovascular concerns. These conditions include, but aren’t limited to, the following:
- Arteriovenous fistulas (AVF)
- Arteriovenous malformations (AVM)
- Carotid stenosis
- Cavernous malformations
- Moyamoya disease
No matter what neurovascular concern a patient has, they all undergo a comprehensive examination during their first appointment. Our team develops a detailed picture of each patient’s health and uses it to engage in an open dialogue with them. As part of this ongoing conversation, we work with patients to develop a treatment plan and educate them about their health.
In the healthcare industry, scientific knowledge and treatment best practices are constantly evolving. That’s why our neurovascular care team is comprised of experts who keep their knowledge up to date. At IGEA, our physicians deliver the following state-of-the-art neurovascular treatments:
- Balloon angioplasty and stent: This minimally invasive procedure is used to treat the aftereffects of strokes. It boasts minimal scarring and fast recovery times.
- Carotid endarterectomy: This preventative procedure is used to protect patients from experiencing a stroke.
- CyberKnife radiosurgery: For those with cavernous malformations, arteriovenous malformations, and other vascular conditions, this non-invasive procedure is an effective treatment.
- Endovascular coiling: Our team uses this minimally invasive procedure to treat aneurysms, involving the placement of a catheter.
- Endovascular embolization: This minimally invasive procedure is used to treat arteriovenous malformations in the brain.
- Endovascular stenting: Through the use of microscopic instruments, this treatment targets and eliminates the presence of cavernous malformations in the brain.
- Extra-cranial to intracranial (EC-IC) bypass: If a patient has moyamoya disease, which is characterized by having a series of miniature strokes or seizures, this treatment can enhance their cerebral blood flow.
- Intra-arterial thrombectomy: After a patient has had a stroke, this minimally invasive procedure may be used to remove any obstruction to their cerebral blood flow.
- Microsurgical clipping: This nearly 100-year-old procedure is used to treat aneurysms.
- Microsurgical resection: IGEA physicians use this procedure to treat a variety of conditions, including cavernous malformations, arteriovenous malformations, and more.
- Revascularization surgery: This treatment utilizes either bypass surgery or percutaneous coronary intervention to enhance cerebral blood flow and alleviate many different conditions.
- Thrombolytic therapy: This fast-acting treatment requires patients to meet eligibility criteria. It uses a clot-dissolving drug to alleviate stroke symptoms.
Schedule a Neurovascular Evaluation Today
The right neurovascular treatments have the potential to make major improvements to patients’ lives. To help residents of New Jersey and New York attain optimum comfort and health, the IGEA team offers the most cutting-edge neurovascular treatments available. To schedule an evaluation and learn more about what our care team can do for you or a loved one, contact us today.