The physicians of IGEA Brain & Spine practice medicine at St. Joseph’s Regional Medical Center in Paterson, New Jersey.
St. Joseph’s Hospital’s esteemed history began in 1867 when the Sisters of Charity of Saint Elizabeth opened a 12-bed facility on Church Street in Paterson. The next century saw the hospital’s growth and expansion into one of the leading medical centers in the nation. In 2000, St. Joseph’s medical team made history by successfully separating conjoined twins—the first surgery of its type in the state of New Jersey.
Today, the hospital reports seeing over 1.6 million patients a year and has been at the forefront of notable health care advances including:
- Launching a new high definition Telemedicine Suite at St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital through a clinical partnership with St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
- Dedicating the new Alfiero and Lucia Palestroni Birth Defects Center at St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital
- The dedication of the Expanded Emergency Department and MRI Suite
- Opening an Outpatient Cardiac Catheterization Unit in Wayne, New Jersey
- Successfully producing the First Cervical Disc Replacement in New Jersey
St. Joseph’s Regional Medical Center has also been nationally recognized by U.S. News & World Report as being among the Best Regional Hospitals in the New York Metro Area and as one of the best hospitals in Northern New Jersey. The hospital was also recognized as high performing in 10 different specialties including neurology and neurosurgery.