At IGEA Brain, Spine & Orthopedics, our team of award-winning neurosurgeons offers patients throughout New Jersey, New York, and Connecticut exceptional treatments to treat a host of medical conditions. Learn more about neurosurgery and how we can help you or a loved one find relief from your symptoms and improve your quality of life.
What Is Neurosurgery?
- Tumors and cancer
- Epilepsy and seizures
- Spinal stenosis
- Brain or central nervous system malformations
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Cerebral palsy
- Cluster headaches
- Spinal cord injuries
Our Neurosurgery Treatments
- Microvascular decompression: This treats trigeminal neuralgia and the symptoms caused by it.
- Deep brain stimulation: This FDA-approved treatment for Parkinson’s disease involves implanting a medical device into the brain.
- CyberKinfe radiosurgery: Precise doses of radiation are delivered to tumors on the brain by use of robotic and image-guided technology.
- Transcranial surgery: This procedure improves and treats pituitary tumors.
- Endoscopic third ventriculostomy: This procedure drains excess cerebrospinal fluid from the brain of a patient with hydrocephalus.
- Ventricular catheter/shunt: During this minimally invasive procedure, excess cerebrospinal fluids are drained to relieve cerebral pressure.
- Transsphenoidal surgery: This procedure is used to remove pituitary tumors through patients’ sphenoid sinuses.
- Revision spine surgery: Chronic back pain caused by a previous spine surgery is treated with this procedure.
- CyberKnife radiosurgery: This procedure used robotic and image-guided technology to treat tumors on the spine.
- Balloon kyphoplasty: Spinal fractures are treated when this procedure is administered.
- Scoliosis surgery: The effects of scoliosis are alleviated using a posterior or anterior approach.
- Posterior cervical fusion: This spinal treatment alleviates pain and other spine issues by binding two or more spinal vertebrae together.
- Sacroiliac fusion: Sacroiliac joint pain is alleviated with this treatment.
- Cervical and lumbar disc replacement surgery: A host of medical conditions are improved with this procedure.
- Coflex interlaminar stabilization surgery: Spinal stenosis is treated with the help of this procedure.
- Direct lateral interbody fusion surgery: This procedure involves numerous approaches to improve spine stability and correct deformities along with reducing back pain.
- DTRAX surgical technique: For patients with degenerative disc disease, this innovative technique stabilizes the spine.
- Endoscopic spine surgery: This treatment option is designed to relieve symptoms caused by scoliosis, bone spurs, and more.
- Facet joint injection: This treatment involves an injection to help alleviate back pain.
- Minimally invasive spinal decompression and fusion: A wide range of spinal conditions are treated by this effective procedure.
- Spinal cord and occipital nerve stimulation: Chronic back pain can be treated by this procedure. It involves implanting a pulse generator into a patient’s body.
- Thrombolytic therapy: With help from a clot-dissolving drug, this procedure is used to treat stroke symptoms.
- Balloon angioplasty and stent: The aftereffects of a stroke are treated with this minimally invasive procedure.
- Revascularization surgery: This treatment enhances cerebral blood flow.
- Carotid endarterectomy: This procedure is used to prevent patients from experiencing a stroke.
- Microsurgical resection: A variety of medical conditions are treated using this procedure.
- CyberKnife radiosurgery: This effective treatment is used to improve vascular conditions.
- Microsurgical clipping: Aneurysms are treated with this reliable procedure.
- Endovascular coiling: This procedure is performed to treat aneurysms and involves a catheter.
- Endovascular embolization: This procedure is used to treat arteriovenous malformations in the brain.
- Endovascular stenting: This treatment targets and eliminates the presence of cavernous malformations in the brain with microscopic instruments.
- Intra-arterial thrombectomy: After a patient suffers a stroke, this treatment removes any obstruction to their cerebral blood flow.
- Extra-cranial to intracranial (EC-IC) bypass: This treatment enhances cerebral blood flow.
Neurosurgical Specialties at IGEA Brain, Spine & Orthopedics
Our compassionate team of neurosurgeons has helped countless patients throughout the Tri-State Area overcome debilitating symptoms and improve their quality of life. To learn more about our specialty neurosurgery treatments, contact us today at one of our locations in New York or in Paramus, Jersey City, Hazlet, Union, Florham Park, and Bedminster, New Jersey.