Dr. Charles Gellido is a board-certified neurologist at IGEA Brain, Spine & Orthopedics, subspecializing in nerve and muscular disorders.
An expert in his field for nearly 20 years, Dr. Gellido has held prominent roles within the neurology departments of the organizations in which he has practiced. Aside from serving as Attending Neurologist at Montefiore Medical Center in the Bronx, Dr. Gellido previously served as the Director of the Nerve and Muscle Disorders Unit within the Jacobi Medical Center, an affiliate of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine—the very place where he completed his residency and remains a faculty member today.
After graduating with a BS in Biology from the University of Santo Tomas College of Science in the Philippines, Dr. Gellido obtained his medical degree at the Faculty of Medicine and Surgery of the same university. Upon graduation, he completed his residency training within the Department of Neurology at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in the Bronx, New York before interning at the Cabrini Medical Center, an affiliate of the Mount Sinai College of Medicine. After his residency, he had his fellowship training in Electrodiagnostic Medicine/Clinical Neurophysiology at Montefiore Medical Center.
Despite maintaining a very busy clinical practice, Dr. Gellido remains committed to advancing scholarship within his field. In addition to authoring multiple publications in peer-reviewed journals, Dr. Gellido has received the following accolades:
- Cum Laude, BS Biology, University of Santo Tomas College of Science, Manila, Philippines
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons/Congress of Neurological Surgeons (AANS/CNS) Joint Cerebrovascular Section
- Benemeritus, University of Santo Tomas College of Medicine, Manila, Philippines
- Scholarship Award by National Epilepsy Foundation of America
- Scholarship Award by American Headache Society